Gibco™ DMEM, Low Glucose, Pyruvate, No Glutamine, No Phenol Red, 1 L
Dulbecco’s Modified Eagle Medium (DMEM) is a widely used basal medium for supporting the growth of many different mammalian cells. Cells successfully cultured in DMEM include primary fibroblasts, neurons, glial cells, HUVECs and smooth muscle cells, as well as cell lines such as HeLa, 293, Cos-7, and PC-12. We offer a variety of Gibco® DMEM modifications for a range of cell culture applications.
- With Low Glucose (1 g/L) & Sodium Pyruvate
- Without L-glutamine, Phenol Red & HEPES
- It contains 4 times the concentration of amino acids and vitamins than the original Eagle’s Minimal Essential Medium.
- DMEM contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors. Therefore, DMEM requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS).
- DMEM uses a sodium bicarbonate buffer system (3.7 g/L) and therefore requires a 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH.